Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Setting Goals! Throwback

Research shows that when kids (& people in general), set goals and create action plans, they are able to perform at a higher level. I really took that to heart this year, and one of my goals in my classroom was to look for ways that I could implement that for my kiddos.

http://primaryinspired.blogspot.com/2013/11/reaching-those-goals.htmlFrankly, before this year, I never really took the time to do much with goal setting (I mean, who has the TIME! We have SO MUCH to get in). But I am SO glad I did. I have got to tell you that setting goals has made a HUGE difference for my kiddos. There's just something so empowering about being aware of where you are, where you want to go, and setting a plan to help you get there.

I created a goal setting and tracking sheet to use this year, and my kiddos and I worked together to
create an anchor chart/poster that listed all of the things they could do to help them get to their goal.

I hope you'll stop by and check them out (they're freebies over there!). Just click one of the pics or my button to head over!






1 comment:

  1. Heading over now to read more about this! I love the idea of goal setting too. I just need to do it! I think this will have the inspiration that I need to do it. :) Kids respond to goals! Thanks Brenda!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for taking the time to leave us a comment!