Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Hello, Hola, Bonjour, Hallo + Freebie!!!

Hello everyone!!! I am Nicole from All Things Apple in 2nd!

I am soooooo excited to be a part of this Class*y Collaboration!!!! Not only are all of the educators on here "Class*y," they are also such kind, dedicated, and talented people! I've wanted to be a part of a collaborative blog for a long time so this is definitely a new and exciting journey for me! Thanks so much for coming along for the ride!

A little about me...

I just finished my 11th year of teaching. Phew! Time flies when you're working so hard having fun!! :) I taught 6th/7th grade Spanish my first year as well as coached volleyball and basketball. Shortly after as soon as humanly possible,  I transferred to my current position of 10 years in 2nd grade! I have LOVED 2nd grade! I've also coached basketball here and now I do the Girls on the Run group! Now...there is a big change occurring for me next year...I'm looping to 3rd grade! Tests, Tests, Tests!! I'm soooo nervous, excited, anxious, etc. to get started on this new journey. I am super pumped to start creating new materials!! :) It's always a positive in my book! However, I am not looking too forward to the standardized testing that will come with it. Any and all advice from all you amazing teachers who do the tests every year is welcome!!! I mean we test in 2nd, but the tests we do are not high stakes. They are for our own teaching. I am one of those people that thrive on change so I'm ready for the challenge!! I'm glad to have my kids for a 2nd year too! A lot less getting to know you in the beginning of the year.

Aside from teaching, I live in Indianapolis with my wonderful, lovable, puppy acting, almost 9 years old Sheltie/Border Collie named Gracie! I adopted her almost 8 years ago, and I really don't know what I'd do without her. She just got a fur cut the other day so here's a before/after photo. She looks like a different dog! :)
I love to run races more than train for them! hah I do enjoy running though! The past November, my sister and I ran the Disney World Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon! I rant the Disney Princess Race a few years before that. Disney is just awesome!!! This November it was even better because it was all decorated for Christmas already. 
I just finished my 9th half marathon a couple weeks ago so now I need to find a good place to run my 10th! :) 
So my summer is including relaxation, learning, working out, planning, relaxation, TPT CONFERENCE IN VEGAS (not that I'm excited or anything!) and some organizing... :) You know what I mean! 

Since I'm getting organized for next year, I thought you all might be able to use my newest labels I made for my drawers in my classroom!! Click on the picture or link below to download them for FREE (normally $2)!!! I hope they come in handy as you get organized for the coming school year! Click here to my blog post about how I use the labels to organize my materials!! 

Click here or on the picture below!! 
I can't wait to get to know you all as I join this awesome group of teacher bloggers and share ideas/moments/etc. together!! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Nicole :)




3 comments:

  1. Great idea! Where did you get your carts from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara!! I got the carts at Sam's Club last summer! I basically wiped them out as I brought other teacher friends with!! haha I bought 3 of them I believe, and use them all daily! :)

      Delete
  2. Nicole,
    I loved reading about your running exploit (I'm one too). Have you done a full marathon yet? That medal is excellent. Normally my kids steal mine before I can even put it on--but I'm cool with that.
    Your dog looks awesome!
    Matt

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for taking the time to leave us a comment!