Tuesday, August 5, 2014

freebies and getting ready for a new year!

I'm not sure what it is, but there's something terrifying/annoying/exciting about seeing all of the Back to School supplies out before it's time to head back #teacherproblems 

Thankfully, TpT has an annual Back to School Sale to help get yo' shop on....ya heard?!  And, just in time for my new school year to start (I have about a week before I'm back in the classroom), I created these Back to School Math and Literacy Centers!  If you're like me, you end up having to do a ton of 1-1 assessments with your students right away (i.e. "Did your teacher last year really mark you at that reading level?! I need to verify this for myself....") and need the rest of your class to sit down and shut up be occupied so you can quickly and quietly get things done. Enter my new lifesaver:


Last year, the random holiday/assessment times I pulled out centers (we mainly stick to our reading program), I figured out that I prefer binders over tubs/buckets/whathaveyou.  I just stick the master in the clear front pocket and the rest inside (sometimes I remembered to hole punch on the copier, other times I just stuck them in the pocket part of the binder).  If the center had cards or other parts, I put them in ziplocs or in a binder zipper pouch.

Here's an example of what I mean (using these Iditarod centers):

I used my Teacher Binder Essentials all year last year and looooved it! I think I'll be binding it at OfficeMax this year (have you ever done this? let me know how it went!):
And because I can't get enough chalkboard...
If you haven't seen my classroom remodel from last year where I used this Chalkboard decor and first day set up using play-doh, check it out here!

And in case you work in a PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Support) school or do Think Time at your school...you might find this helpful!
And in case you're in the market for clipart...each of these individual bundles will be on sale (along with a bunch of others) as well!

So, where the heck is that FREEBIE I mentioned earlier....right here! This game is from my Back to School Centers.  Click below to download!
Now, I'm off to stock up on my more Back to School goodies!
Until next time my friends!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post!! I am IN LOVE with your clip it! Keep it coming my friend. :) I love the Think Time idea too!
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clicked on the freebie and it no longer there.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for taking the time to leave us a comment!