Thursday, February 20, 2014

How-to Writing Freebie

Hi everyone!  Today I am popping in to share a great freebie with you!  If you follow me over at my blog, Mrs. Wheeler's First Grade, you already know my passion for teaching little ones to write!  I use a writing workshop system in my classroom that has been tweaked and perfected {ok, nothing is perfect but you know what I mean!} over the past 11 years.  One of my favorite writing units is the Nonfiction Unit.  My kids and I always have a blast with it!  It teaches children how to write expository text.  Today I'm giving you a freebie from my unit.  It's "How to Make a Dirt Cup Snack."  This is a big hit with kids!  I hope your kids will love it as much as mine!  Enjoy!  Be sure to check out the full unit if this freebie is appealing to you.



*This unit meets the Common Core State Standards which state:
  • CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.1.7 Participate in shared research and writing projects (e.g., explore a number of “how-to” books on a given topic and use them to write a sequence of instructions).
  • CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.1.2 Write informative/explanatory texts in which they name a topic, supply some facts about the topic, and provide some sense of closure.

xo
Megan 

No comments:

THANKS for taking the time to leave us a comment!