Thursday, January 29, 2015

Valentine's Day Freebies

Hi everyone!  It's Megan from Mrs. Wheeler's First Grade!  Today I am here to share a few Valentine's Day freebies that I have available for you to download.  I have made them over the past several years, but I know some of you may not have them.  I can't believe that it's almost February! Do you have a party for Valentine's Day in your classroom?  I usually do...it's the only "big" party that I have each year.  For drinks, I like to give my kids a bottle of water and include these editable tags with a flavor pack.  The kids think it's so cool to make their own water in class!  Hahaha!


On Valentine's Day before we have our party, we usually spend the day doing "Valentinish" things, such as this sight word game.  To prep it, just write or print some sight words onto strips of paper. Fold them up and place in little heart boxes.  Be sure to number the boxes.  Print and copy the recording sheet and have the kids walk around {with music playing, of course!} and write the words. My freebie includes the Fry's First 100 sight words and a recording sheet.  You can select which words you want to put in the boxes.  I got my boxes at Dollar Tree many years ago, but I have seen them around town at various stores {Hobby Lobby, Target, Etc...}.


We also have Valentine-themed centers during the first part of February.  This "Mustachy Measurement" center is always a hit during math tubs!


To see more Valentine ideas, click below!  Happy {almost} February, friends! 



xo
Megan 

No comments:

THANKS for taking the time to leave us a comment!